Approaching the existential cliff: 17 denial statements made by the sleeping masses
Friday, February 08, 2013 by: Mike Bundrant
(NaturalNews) People who are awake these days have reason to be gravely concerned. Although there may still hope to be had, there are sobering signs of a looming “existential cliff.” The existential cliff is the point at which the human race cannot recover from damage done by the human race – or its elitist power structure.
Patch Adams, MD, once told me that the existential cliff is around 2025. I don’t know where he got his info, but he claimed he’d read 1500 books along the way to that conclusion (I hope my memory serves me correctly here.)
Let’s get the lay of the land:
The food supply: largely poisoned
The water supply: largely poisoned
The oceans: poisoned
Modern medicine: more poison
Modern mental health: see modern medicine
Psychiatry: brain fryers
Government: the entity promoting the poison
The environment: poisoned
Modern money: deflated
Modern education: turns out sheeple
Modern corporations: prey upon sheeple
Modern news: hypnotizes the sheeple
Human intelligence: This is where it gets interesting. It seems that in spite of being highly intelligent beings (compared to the animal kingdom) capable of analyzing and solving complex problems, we have not evolved (or are not blessed) enough to see the simple truth, even when it coldly slaps us in the face, repeatedly!
In other words, we are busy solving problems that have little to do with our real problems!
The mechanism that keeps us from recognizing the cold slap is denial. When you point out the truth to a sleepy one, you often get this kind of response:
1. I am sure “they” know what they are doing.
2. It’s out of my control. All I can do is live my life.
3. We’re all screwed anyway, so let’s have a beer.
4. I have problems of my own to worry about.
5. It wouldn’t be possible to fool everyone.
6. People who believe in conspiracies are kooks.
7. It’s the news! People don’t make up news.
8. Doctors go to medical school, so they know more about health than I do.
9. Alternative medicine? My doctor said to avoid that.
10. Our society is too advanced to collapse.
11. The people in charge will always find a way to avoid a real catastrophe.
12. Who has time to worry about what’s going on in the world?
13. Things always work out for the best.
14. Who am I to do anything?
15. I’m too busy.
16. Oh, yeah, we’ve got some real problems, don’t we? (Then turn back to the episode of “reality TV.”)
17. This is what God intended (Did God also intend you to sit back and watch it while doing nothing?)
(18. Add one you’ve heard in the comments).
Getting past the oh-so-frustrating (to the awake ones) denial requires more than intellectual awareness. It also requires emotional strength and this is where most people fall down.
Acknowledging the truth about the existential cliff means considering the stark reality that we are going to die. You, your children and loved ones, your friends and family – everyone – will lose their very lives.
To add unimaginable insult to injury, this is all happening because of the people who are supposed to be leading us toward peace and prosperity (government and business leaders).
A gut-level understanding of this is very, very painful. So, most people stick with beer and pizza to bloat the pain away.
Regardless, the gig seems to be up. The existential cliff is happening in a time when there are no new lands to conquer, no new civilizations to exploit, no new people to enslave, with the Earth itself hanging in the balance.
What can you do?
1. Stop the denial. Stop making excuses for people who are comprising your life and the life of your children.
2. Build emotional strength. Learn to stand on your own if need be. In other words, work toward NOT needing the approval of other people (especially the sleeping ones. Seriously. Think about it!)
3. Share the truth. That’s it! One of the best places to do that is the Internet. Share articles from Natural News and other great, truthful sites. Build your own site. Tell the truth and promote it online as best you can.
I weep for our ignorant passivity.
Patch Adams, MD
About the author:
Watch the free video The AHA! Process: An End to Self-Sabotage and discover the lost keys to personal transformation and emotional well-being that have been suppressed by mainstream mental health for decades.
The information in this video has been called the missing link in mental health and personal development. In a world full of shallow, quick-fix techniques, second rate psychology and pharmaceutical takeovers, real solutions have become nearly impossible to find. This presentation will turn your world upside down.
Mike Bundrant is co-founder of the iNLP Center and host of Mental Health Exposed, a Natural News Radio program.
Follow Mike on Facebook for daily personal development tips.